Döhle Malta is part of one of the worldâ€™s largest shipping companies, Peter Döhle Schiffahrts-KG, which employs over 6,800 employees on operates over 500 vessels, so we understand ships and the sea and the corporate, crewing, technical, administration and financial requirements. Peter Döhle Schiffahrts-KG owns about 100 vessels and about further 100 units are part-owned by the Group.
Maltaâ€™s importance to the shipping world has led to the Maltese shipping register becoming the 6th largest world-wide and the largest in Europe. Malta has a centuries old Maritime tradition. The strategic location of the Maltese Islands at the heart of the Mediterranean Sea, its natural harbours, and the entrepreneurial and maritime skills of its people have, since time immemorial, conspired with its history and millennial culture to transform this European sovereign state into an international maritime service centre. Maltaâ€™s long tradition and revival as a maritime services provider has led to the establishment of the Maltese flag as a reputable flag of choice and quality through the open Maltese register for ships, bare boat charters and mortgages.
With years of experience in the field, our team is available to assist you in taking full advantage of the benefits of the Malta flag including assistance with yacht and ship registration, incorporation of shipping companies and registration of mortgages under the Malta flag.
Our services include:
- Set up of a new vessel holding corporate vehicle in an appropriate jurisdiction to meet the clientâ€™s requirements
- Flag registration for any type of vessel and including registration of a Foreign Maritime Entity for existing corporate vehicles, if required by the flag registry
- Provision of full and compliant corporate administration services for the corporate vehicle including tax compliance
- Management vessel reporting according to the clientâ€™s requirements
- Assistance with crew endorsements to comply with relevant flag requirements
- Arrangement of and assistance with payments according to requirements
- Assistance with all crewing requirements in co-operation with the Döhle Group
- Assistance with full technical vessel management in co-operation with the Döhle Group
- Assistance with vessel finance solutions in co-operation with our network of professional advisors